Sunday, January 16, 2005

Springer Returns

Jerry Springer is returning to Cincinnati with a radio talk show that starts tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM on 1530 WCKY. 1530 is now all progressive radio and will be featuring Air America Radio programming.

Here are two interesting quotes from the Enquirer story:

"I think there may be a spot for liberal radio, but it depends on how much whining they do. They never have solutions, they just want to cry and complain."

"Who would have thought a foreign-born, New York Jew (Springer was born in England) would come to Cincinnati and become mayor?" Every once in awhile, the impossible happens."


The first quote is from a guy named Lincoln Ware that I've never heard of, and the second is from town idiot Bill Cunningham. I emailed John Kiesewetter to complain about including such slanderous comments and this is what I said:

Mr. Kiesewetter,

I read your article this morning on Jerry Springer and was dismayed to read the comments by Bill Cunningham and Lincoln Ware. I am referring to these comments:

"I think there may be a spot for liberal radio, but it depends on how much whining they do. They never have solutions, they just want to cry and complain."

"Who would have thought a foreign-born, New York Jew (Springer was born in England) would come to Cincinnati and become mayor?" Every once in awhile, the impossible happens."

I understand why the "opposition's" take on Springer's entry into talk radio would be newsworthy, but I think their comments became unusable when they decided to spew that kind of vitriol. I feel that you simply gave them another outlet for their beliefs which already receive enough coverage through their talk shows.

Thank you for your time,

JD Arney

If you feel the way I do then drop Mr. Kiesewetter a line.

If I get a response I promise to share.