Thursday, January 20, 2005

Coleman Closer to Running

Bring Ohio Home has a post about a Columbus Dispatch article that discusses Michael Coleman's chances of running for governor:

Coleman will announce by month’s end whether he will run for governor, but his political adviser, Greg Hass, said yesterday, "I think he’ll be a candidate."

The article also mentioned that Jerry Springer has decided not to renew his TV contract. With that move I have to think Springer will either be running for governor or challenging DeWine for the Senate.

I don't know how I feel about Springer. I love the man's politics, but it goes without saying that he'd be easy to attack. He's shown time and time again that he has impressive political skills however, and I think he'd have a better chance of winning a statewide race than people realize.